The STEELMAN 79433 5/16-Inch Automatic Slack Adjuster Wrench and Tension Release Tool is specially designed to aid in the installation and servicing of Meritor® brand air braking systems on heavy-duty / long haul trucks and trailers. With a 5/16-inch double-square head this wrench's built-in ratcheting mechanism is offset to provide increased clearance for hands and knuckles. The side-mounted forward and reverse lever allows for quick direction changes without having to remove the tool from the slack adjuster. The ergonomic dual layer handle provides a comfortable and non-slip grip during use. The fork-end tool features the same comfort grip handle and allows operation of the anti-reverse tension release mechanism without causing prying damage that could lead to premature failure.
- SIMPLIFY BRAKE SERVICE - Speed up installation and service on Meritor® heavy-duty truck brake slack adjusters
- DOUBLE SQUARE HEAD- 5/16-inch double square ratchet has an angled head to give additional clearance for hands
- REVERSIBLE RATCHET - Easy to operate, side-mounted forward / reverse lever
- FORK-END TOOL - Fork-end tool holds tensioner release button securely without prying or damaging it
- DUAL LAYER HANDLES - Dual durometer, ergonomic handles provide an comfortable, ergonomic grip