The tried and true pair of large pliers or C-clamp method of resetting brake pad calipers sadly doesn't work with threaded caliper pistons. With the STEELMAN PRO 78594 11-Piece Universal Caliper Wind Back Kit in hand however, you’ll have the tools you need to reset threaded caliper pistons used in a wide range of disc brake equipped cars and light trucks. This kit features nine specially designed and interchangeable adapters to fit caliper styles used by Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Saab, Subaru, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles. The backing plate fits snugly into the caliper housing and provides a base for the main pressure screw assembly to push against as it applies forward pressure to rotate the brake caliper piston and ensure it winds straight back. A built-in magnet on the end of the assembly keeps the selected adapter in place so you can focus on turning the handle, not trying to hold the head in place. The kit comes complete with a durable blow-molded plastic case, which provides easy storage and transportation.
- RESET CALIPERS - Specially designed tool applies pressure while turning to properly wind and reset brake calipers
- UNIVERSAL APPLICATION - Works on Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Saab, Subaru, Toyota, and VW vehicles
- 9 ADAPTERS - Set includes 9 different adapters with short, long, single, double, and triple pin versions and a 3-step plate
- BUILT-IN MAGNET - Pressure screw assembly has a built-in magnet that holds adapter plates in place during use
- DURABLE STEEL - Constructed of durable heat-treated carbon steel to last for years of brake replacements
- STORAGE CASE - Includes a blow-molded plastic storage case to keep kit organized between uses